Robert Painter is an award-winning medical malpractice attorney at Painter Law Firm PLLC, in Houston, Texas. He is a former hospital administrator who represents patients and family members in medical negligence and wrongful death lawsuits all over Texas. Contact him by calling 281-580-8800 or emailing him right now.
Robert Painter is a former hospital administrator. As an attorney, he focuses on getting justice for patients and family members who’ve experienced life-changing injuries or wrongful death because of medical malpractice.
Robert has always been interested in health care. He started his graduate education in medical school and was awarded a full scholarship from the U.S. Army. Midway through medical school, he worried about the direction of health care in America and decided that he could have a more positive impact for patient safety in health law.
Before enrolling at Baylor Law School, though, it was time to repay the U.S. Army. He served two years on active duty as an officer in the U.S. Army. His main assignment was as a hospital administrator at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.
Robert excelled at Baylor and was elected to law review and as moot court president. He began his legal career at the prestigious law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski. In his six years there, he worked in the health litigation group, defending hospitals and health care providers.
In 2006, he devoted his practice to plaintiffs’ medical malpractice lawsuits at Painter Law Firm. He handles all kinds of medical negligence matters, including birth injury, brain injury, anesthesia error, surgical error, hospital error, failure to diagnose, and delayed diagnosis cases.
Many clients and other attorneys pick Robert because of his unique experience in medical school, as a hospital administrator, and defending hospitals and doctors. On top of that, there’s his proven track record of recoveries for his clients.
Baylor University, J.D. (1999)
• Graded on to Baylor Law Review
• President, Harvey M. Richey Moot Court Society
Webster University, M.A., Public Administration (1995)
Marshall University, M.D. candidate (1992-1993)
• U.S. Army Health Professions Scholarship (full scholarship)
• Commissioned as 2nd Lieutenant, U.S. Army
West Virginia University, B.A., Biology (1992)
• State of Texas (state courts)
• U.S. Supreme Court
• U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
• President's Award, Houston Bar Association (2014)
• AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell (2011-present)
• Order of the Polar Star, awarded by Tsakhia Elbegdorj, President of Mongolia (2013)
• Top Lawyers, Houstonia Magazine (2013-2017)
• Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine (2008-2018)
• Texas Pro-Life Lawyer of the Year, Texas Right to Life (2008)
• Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People, H Texas Magazine (2008-2010)
• Award of Distinction/Pinnacle Award (for Painter Law Firm PLLC), Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston and South Texas (2008-2019)
• Board of Directors, Houston Bar Association (2018-2020)
• Secretary, Board of Directors, Houston Lawyer Referral Service (2018-2020)
• Board of Directors, Harris County Dispute Resolution Center (2018-2020)
• Editor-in-Chief, The Houston Lawyer magazine (2013-2015)
• Editorial Board, Texas Bar Journal (2014-present)
• Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (2013-present)
• Member, Houston Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee (2016-2017)
Member, Houston Bar Association Judicial Polls Committee (2016-2017)
• Member, Houston Bar Association Administration of Justice Committee (2015-2016)
• Board Member, Houston Bar Association Litigation Section (2010-2012)
• American Association for Justice, member of International Relations Committee & Voter Protection Committee (2014-present)
• Board Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2012)
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, Texas Repertory Theatre (2014-2015)
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, Houston Northwest Chamber of Commerce (2011)
• Board of Directors, Houston Baptist University Center for Law & Liberty (2014-present)
• Board of Directors, The Crown College (2012-present)
• Chairman of the Board of Directors, Bellwether Forum (a nonprofit organization that provides political, campaign and public policy programs in the U.S. and abroad) (2002-present)
• Deacon Board, Christchurch Baptist Fellowship (Chairman, 2008-2009 & 2012)
• Board of Directors, Leadership Houston (2011-2013, Vice Chairman 2013)
Favorite Quote About His Law Practice
"Painter is tough as a T. rex." (Houston's Channel 39, May 2013)
Our AttorneysEvery day we help real people who have suffered catastrophic injuries or death because of medical negligence.
I survived a horrible situation with a surgeon and called Painter Law Firm for help. Robert Painter, Linda, Julie, Catharine, Sharon, and everyone at the law firm were so nice and treated me like family. Mr. Painter didn't use big words, but explained things to me like a regular person. We went to mediation and got a good settlement for my case. It took a big weight off my shoulders. I'm grateful to them and the Lord for all of their help.
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Painter Law Firm. I was a young mother of 2, needing legal help with my newly born son. I was new to it all, and he guided me through it all. He helped me and my family in the welfare of our son in so many ways. My family and I will forever be grateful to him. Not only is Mr. Painter a wonderful lawyer, he treats you like family, along with his amazing staff. I am so happy I found him. I recommend anyone needing legal help, to choose this firm. It was one of the best things our family have ever done.
Robert Painter of the Painter Law Firm was absolutely brilliant! My case became very complex but Mr. Painter strategized and executed the plan with precision and perfection to the point he was able to head off potential downfalls and we were prepared. He fought for me and the injustice of the situation with extreme passion. It was impressive to watch him quickly use case law to combat the defendants arguments and objections with his knowledge of the law. The entire office is professional and courteous. You will not go wrong using this law firm!! It is not often we need legal representation but when I do, I will call The Painter Law firm to ensure I will be treated with respect and know they are fighting for me.
Mr. Painter is extremely friendly and made time to listen to my story, although it was rather difficult for me to talk about. He was informative and realistic about my case, but more importantly, he was very honest. It breaks my heart that my husband will only see his daughters from Heaven but it puts my mind at rest knowing that justice was somewhat served.....and this could possibly save someone else's life from ending.